Training Journal Awards 2019
December 12, 2019
We are thrilled to announce that our project with the National Autistic Society was awarded the top prize at the 2019 Training Journal Awards in the Best Public Service/Not-for-Profit Programme category.
The Training Journal Awards ‘recognise the ingenuity, creativity, passion and hard work of learning and development professionals from around the world.’ When awarding National Autistic Society and Little Man Project with the award, the judges said ‘they were blown away by the project’ that was clearly having a huge impact on the lives of women and girls’ on the Autism spectrum in the UK.
The winning module supports clinicians in the diagnosis of women and girls on the autism spectrum and has reached over 19,000 people in the first year alone. The success of the project is a testament to the determination of the team at the National Autistic Society.
Their vision was to:
· Increase the number of professionals trained and with greater professional knowledge of diagnosing women and girls on the autism spectrum.
· Increase the number of women and girls diagnosed on the Autism spectrum.
· Reduce the time taken for women and girls to be diagnosed.
· Ensure women and girls were able to access better post-diagnostic support.
· Improve the quality of life of women and girls on the Autism spectrum.
We were delighted to be asked by the National Autistic Society to support them to create this amazing resource. Their passion for the project was infectious. During the project, we built a strong partnership based on trust and respect for each other’s expertise.
“This project proves that when experts from their respective fields work together for a shared vision, amazing things can happen, and lives can be changed for the better.”
You can find out more about the ‘women and girls on the autism spectrum’ project in this short video.
If you would like to talk to us about how we might be able to support you with your next inspiring project contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01453 731758.