Client: Southern Housing
Southern Housing Group is one of southern England’s largest housing associations, owning and managing 28,000 homes for more than 67,000 residents. Southern Housing has received accolades for sustainability, design and best practice and we were delighted to be awarded the contract to re-design a 30 minute bespoke elearning course on the subject Code of Conduct in Articulate Storyline.
The main objectives were to:
- Refresh and update the content to reflect Southern Housing Groups brand identity.
- Provide an introduction to Code of Conduct.
- Illustrate the learner’s role in upholding Southern Housing Groups values, Policies and procedures.
- Provide a sustainable solution through the development of a new solution in Articulate Storyline to allow future updates to be made in house.
As with many of our clients the development process was very collaborative. This was important to ensure that the course was technically, culturally and brand accurate.
The module was created in four main stages starting with a module outline, followed by a full graphic storyboard then the full build at Beta and Gold. At each stage of the project the Southern Housing project team sent feedback that was incorporated feedback before signoff.
At the end of the project the module was uploaded and tested by Little Man Project on the Southern Housing’s Learning Management System.
The module was designed and developed in partnership with Southern Housing’s Senior Trainer and subject matter experts to ensure that it met their needs and reflected their culture effectively.
The module used a simple branching menu with strong colour accents to give the learner a visual guide on topics being covered. We used storytelling activities and other interactions to enable the learner to practice the correct code of conduct in realistic scenarios such as:
- Determining what is appropriate behaviour.
- What is classed as inappropriate work attire?
- Building relationships at Southern Housing Association with a range of stakeholders.
- Situations where a conflict of interest could occur and how to manage it.
“Little Man Project worked with us to create a bespoke course, from the initial scoping meeting to the final sign off Little Man Project were really flexible allowing the course to change and develop to our exact requirements.
We would recommend Little Man Project because they have great knowledge and ideas, as well as being supportive and flexible throughout a whole project.”
Nikki Drabble, Senior Trainer,
Initial feedback from staff has been excellent. Based on the success of the project we were delighted to be awarded a further contract with Southern Housing Association to design and develop a further two elearning modules for them.